Upcoming November 15, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting
Mount Dora City Council
Mount Dora City Hall Board Room
510 North Baker Street, Mount Dora, Florida 32757
November 15, 2022, 6:00 PM
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF CERTIFIED ELECTION RESULTS
SHORT RECESS FOLLOWED BY SWEARING-IN OF NEWLY ELECTED AND RE-ELECTED CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
ELECTION OF VICE MAYOR
ROLL CALL WITH NEWLY ELECTED COUNCIL
1. Presentation of Friends of the Environment Check from Earth Day 2022 to the City of Mount Dora for the Purchase of Trees and Tree Care
2. Small Business Saturday Proclamation
3. Mount Dora Fun Fact
1. Request Approval of Purchase of Meridian Barriers from Meridian Rapid Defense Group LLC, in the amount of $89,689.34. We are proposing the City purchase the Meridian anti-vehicle barrier system that is used by all major cities/events to make people, communities and places safer. The Archer 1200 barriers are a drop and stop Barrier solution for Hostile Vehicle Mitigation. They are modular, requiring no electricity, no hydraulics or heavy equipment to move into place. They can be deployed in minutes and are certified to stop vehicles on hardened surfaces like concrete and asphalt without any anchoring. The Archer 1200 barriers are the only HVM barrier system that allows for pedestrian access and emergency vehicle access when deployed. The Police Department, Fire Department and Public Works all work together in the deployment of the barricades. It is recommended that the Police Department, Fire Department and Public Works all share in the cost of securing the anti-vehicle barriers.
2. Request authorization to change the record keeper of the City's 401(a) and 457 (b) retirement plans from Mission Square and Nationwide to Empower Retirement Financial Services Company. On April 19, 2022 the City Council approved a piggy back agreement with Sage View Advisory Group to be our Employee Retirement Plan Fiduciary. Based on Sage View's recommendation, the City would like to change the Record Keepers of our 401(a) and 457(b) plans from Mission Square and Nation Wide to Empower Retirement Financial Services Company. This move will reduce plan fees to our employees and likely increase rates of return on employee investments.
3. Request Approval of Amendment 2 to Professional Grounds and Landscaping Services Agreement with Commercial Landscape Professionals, Inc., d/b/a Trimac Outdoor. The City signed an agreement with Commercial Landscape Professionals, Inc., d/b/a Trimac Outdoor on September 19, 2019. On May 26, 021, Amendment 1 was approved, which defined adjustments in assigned territories, associated fees, and expiration date. With Amendment 2, the City wishes to further extend the agreement through October 31, 2023.
4. Request Authorization to Apply for The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity's (“DEO”) Florida Office of Broadband (“Office”) Broadband Opportunity Program Grant. With City Council approval, staff intends to apply for the maximum grant award of $5 million for a single project to partially fund the construction of the Community Resource and Recreation Center. The remaining cost of the construction project will be funded with Northeast CRA debt proceeds and private donations. The estimated cost of the facility is $12 million.
5. Request Authorization to Apply for The State and Local Cybersecurity Grant Program. The State and Local Cybersecurity Grant Program provides funding to eligible entities to address cybersecurity risks and cybersecurity threats to information systems owned or operated by, or on behalf of, state, local, or tribal governments. The City initially received the Notice of Funding (NOFO) on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 with a filing deadline of November 1, 2022 at 5:00PM. The application was submitted on October 31, 2022.
6. Request Approval of Meeting Minutes
- November 1, 2022 City Council Regular Session
1. Request Adoption of Resolution No. 2022-74, FY 2021-22 Year End Budget Amendment. Section 166.241(4), Florida Statutes provides in part that "The governing body of each municipality at any time within a fiscal year or within 60 days following the end of the fiscal year may amend a budget for that year." Generally speaking, the City Council is only required to take action in those instances where the total appropriations (i.e. expenditures) within a fund are changed (either increased or decreased). Section 166.241(4)(c), Florida Statutes provides in part that "the budget amendment must be adopted in the same manner as the original budget unless otherwise specified in the municipality's charter."
2. Request Approval of Agreement Between the Mount Dora Area Chamber of Commerce and the City of Mount Dora related to the Welcome/Visitor Center. The Mount Dora Area Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center is located downtown in the historic Atlantic Coast Line Train Depot on Alexander Street. According to the statistics provided by the Chamber, over 30,000 annual visitors make this center their first stop to obtain maps, partner brochures, restaurant and lodging listings, and plan itineraries for their visits. Up to this point, the center has been operating Monday through Friday only. The City and the Chamber are proposing an agreement to extend the operating hours of the Welcome Center so that it is staffed on weekends and holidays throughout the year. The City will annually provide $34,000.00, in equal quarterly payments, to the Chamber. This expenditure was partially included in the FY 2022-23 budget in the amount of $19,0000. The remaining $15,000 will come from a contingency line.
PUBLIC HEARINGS - RESOLUTIONS/ORDINANCES
1. Request Approval for Final Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 2022-19, Change in Zoning for Green Wheat, LLC and Donnelly, LLC. This is a request for City Council to approve the final reading of Ordinance No. 2022-19. There have been no changes from the first reading.
CITY MANAGER'S REPORT
1. Lobbyist Update
CITY ATTORNEY'S REPORT
FUTURE MEETING DATES
• December 6, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• December 20, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• January 3, 2023, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• January 17, 2023, 6:00 PM, Regular Session