Recap of September 6, 2022 City Council, CRA Governing Board, and Northeast CRA Governing Board
We began the evening as the Mount Dora Community Redevelopment Agency Governing Board:
1. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-57, CRA Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget. This passed 7-0.
We immediately reconvened as the Mount Dora Northeast Community Redevelopment Agency Governing Board:
1. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-58, Northeast CRA Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget. This passed 7-0.
Mount Dora City Council
Mount Dora City Hall Board Room
510 North Baker Street, Mount Dora, Florida 32757
September 6, 2022, 6:00 PM
CONSENT AGENDA - item #3 was removed from the Consent Agenda and placed under Action Items as the first item. The remaining items were approved with a unanimous voice vote.
1. Request Approval of Meeting Minutes
-August 16, 2022 City Council Regular Session
-August 29, 2022 City Council Budget Work Session
2. Request Approval of Task Authorization with Neel-Schaffer for Phase 2 Engineering for the North Donnelly Street Sidewalk Improvements
1. Request Approval of Agreement with Rent.fun, LLC, for Self-service, Person Powered, Recreational Watercraft Rental Operator Services. This passed 7-0.
PUBLIC HEARINGS - RESOLUTIONS/ORDINANCES
1. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-48, Tentative Millage Rate for Fiscal Year 2022-2023. This passed 6-1 (Councilmember Guenther voted against).
2. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-49, Tentative Budget for Fiscal Year 2022-2023. This passed 7-0.
3. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-55, Final Fire Assessment Fee for Fiscal Year 2022-2023. This passed 6-1 (Councilmember Guenther voted against).
4. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-39, Lake Franklin Estates Final Plat (6 Lots). This passed 7-0.
5. Request Approval of First Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-12, Amending Chapter 42 of the Code of Ordinances to allow for Electric Carriages. This passed 7-0.
6. Request Approval of First Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-10, Land Development Code Amendment. This passed with a 4-3 vote (Councilmembers Guenther, Rolfson and Vice-Mayor Crail voted against).
7. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-56, Establishing the Mount Dora Cares Program to Provide a Temporary Credit to Electric Utility Customers. After some discussion no action was taken on this item. We had a presentation by two representatives from Lake Community Action Agency. The City, through its Public Information Officer, will take efforts to inform its citizens regarding the services provided by LCAA (through the City website as well as messages in our monthly utility bills). The phone number for LCAA is 352-434-0554.
I wish to apologize to those that attended wishing to speak in regards to this item. Because we didn’t take action I never opened up public comment and that was my error. Anyone wishing to speak is very welcome to attend the meeting on September 20th at 6pm to speak on this item and the very start of the meeting in public comment.
1. Mayor Stile's Proposal for Deferred Utility Billing - this discussion was no longer pertinent and did not take place.
2. Youth Council - there was a consensus to support our City Clerk’s idea to start a Youth Council made of students from both Mount Dora High School and Mount Dora Christian Academy.
CITY MANAGER'S REPORT - nothing to report
CITY ATTORNEY'S REPORT - nothing to report
FUTURE MEETING DATES
• September 20, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• October 4, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• October 18, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• November 1, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
Thank you for keeping up with what’s happening at City Hall. Should you have any questions at all feel free to reach out to me or any members of your City Council.
Mayor, City of Mount Dora
The foregoing is the Mayor’s recap of certain discussions taken place at the Regular City Council Meeting held on September 6, 2022. The information expressed in this message is meant to be a factual summary of events. If you have questions about the statements herein, please do not hesitate to contact Mayor Crissy Stile at email@example.com