Recap of the June 21, 2022 Regular City Council & CRA Governing Board Meetings
The foregoing is the Mayor’s recap of certain discussions taken place at the Regular City Council meeting and the CRA Advisory Board Meeting held on June 21, 2022. The information expressed in this message is meant to be a factual summary of events. If you have questions made about the statements herein, please do not hesitate to contact Mayor Crissy Stile at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Dora City Council
Mount Dora City Hall Board Room
510 North Baker Street, Mount Dora, Florida 32757
June 21, 2022, 6:00 PM
1. Olde Mount Dora Carriage Company. City Council directed our City Attorney to draft an Ordinance to allow the Electric Carriages to operate in the City of Mount Dora. This will be a six month pilot program if the Ordinance passes.
1. Lake-Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Technical Advisory Committee Member Appointment. City Engineer George Marek was appointed unanimously.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Consent Agenda was approved 7-0
1. Request Approval of Amendment 1 to the Utility Upsizing Impact Fee Credit Agreement between the City of Mount Dora and Forestar (USA ) Real Estate Group, Inc. (formerly with D.R. Horton, Inc.), Related to the Timberwalk PUD
2. Request Adoption of Resolution 2022-42, Rankings for Architectural and Engineering Services for the Community Resource and Recreation Center
3. Request Approval of the Agreement Between the City of Mount Dora and Round Lake Charter, Inc., Related to Before/After Care
4. Request Approval of the Agreement between the City of Mount Dora and Round Lake Charter, Inc., Related to Summer Camp
5. Request Approval of the Agreement between the City of Mount Dora and Round Lake Charter, Inc., Related to Transportation
1. Request Approval of the Amended and Restated Parking Agreement between the City of Mount Dora Florida, the City of Mount Dora Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), and The First United Methodist Church, Inc. This passed with a 7-0 vote.
2. Request Adoption of Resolution No. 2022-40, Reimposition of Fire Services Special Assessment This passed with a 5-2 vote. Councilmembers Cataldo and Guenther voted against.
PUBLIC HEARINGS - RESOLUTIONS/ORDINANCES
1. Request Approval of the Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-39, Annexation for Lake County Water Authority (153.79 Acres). This passed with a 7-0 vote.
2. Request Approval of Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-07, Amending Prohibited Parking in Specified Places. A motion was made to NOT pass this Ordinance. A revised ordinance will be brought back once City staff including staff from our Police Department explore other alternatives such as marking and enforcing the current loading zones without adding additional loading zones. This passed with a 6-1 vote. Councilmember Guenther voted against.
CITY ATTORNEY'S REPORT - The City Attorney provided a update on various matters impacting City operations including: new legislation prohibiting public funds from being spent on sending out communications (print or email) related to any matter which is set to come before the electors for a vote; a proposed ordinance revision regarding a state pre-emption area related to discharging guns in parks; the urban forestry committee and tree permit appeals being taken to our City Magistrate; and the delay in the survey results related to possible revisions to the composition of advisory boards/committees.
FUTURE MEETING DATES
• June 27, 2022, 10:00 AM, Work Session
• July 5, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• July 11, 2022, 10:00 AM, Work Session
• July 19, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
We immediately reconvened as the Mount Dora Community Redevelopment Agency Governing Board for one agenda item:
1. Request approval of the Amended and Restated Parking Agreement Between the City of Mount Dora Florida, the City of Mount Dora Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), and The First United Methodist Church, Inc. This passed with a 7-0 vote.
ADJOURNMENT - just after 8pm
Thank you for keeping up with what’s happening at City Hall. Should you have any questions at all feel free to reach out to me or any members of your City Council.
Mayor, City of Mount Dora