Recap of the June 7, 2022 City Council, CRA Governing Board, and Northeast CRA Governing Board Meetings
The foregoing is the Mayor’s recap of certain discussions taken place at the Regular City Council meeting and the CRA Advisory Board Meeting and the Northeast CRA Advisory Board Meeting held on June 7, 2022. The information expressed in this message is meant to be a factual summary of events if you have questions made about the statements herein, please do not hesitate to contact Mayor Crissy Stile at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Dora City Council
Mount Dora City Hall Board Room
510 North Baker Street, Mount Dora, Florida 32757
June 7, 2022, 6:00 PM
CONSENT AGENDA - The consent agenda passed with a 7-0 vote.
1. Request Approval of Amendment 1 to the Agreement Between the City of Mount Dora and The Davey Tree Expert Company Related to Tree Trimming Services of Electrical Lines.
2. Request Approval of the Piggyback Contract for On-call Building Inspection Services between the City of Mount Dora and Joe Payne, Inc.
3. Request Approval of Meeting Minutes
May 17, 2022 City Council Regular Session Minutes
May 17, 2022 CRA Governing Board Minutes
May 17, 2022 Northeast CRA Governing Board Minutes
1. Correspondence with City Attorney - Council discussed whether or not current and/or former advisory board members should be able to reach out directly to the City Attorney. The discussion resulted in a direction to our City Manager to create parameters for Departmental contact of the City Attorney with emphasis on limiting direct contact by the members of Advisory Committee Members who are under the control of each Department.
1. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-34, Requesting City support for modifications to the Lake-Sumter MPO's 2022 List of Priority Projects (LOPP). This is an opportunity to submit projects for consideration and placement on the top 20 project list. This action addresses two specific roadway projects: 1) Support for the Vista Ridge/Wolf Branch Innovation Blvd (5 miles); and 2) Support re-assigning the priority of SR 44 roadway widening improvements (2 miles) in the upcoming LOPP. There is no budgetary impact for this item. This passed 7-0
PUBLIC HEARINGS - RESOLUTIONS/ORDINANCES
1. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-19, Preliminary Plat for Villages of Loch Leven Parcel 1. This townhome project will allow for 23 townhome buildings with a maximum of 125 units in total. The buildings will be two stories high. The location is off of SR 44 as you enter the Lancaster at Loch Leven subdivision. A two acre park site, at this location, will be dedicated to the City. This passed 7-0
2. Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-08, Pertaining to Charter Amendment for Building Height Limitation. This is the final reading of this ordinance to place the Charter Amendment on the November 2022 ballot. This passed with a 5-2 vote (Councilmembers Rolfson and Guenther voted against).
3. Request Approval of First Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-39, Annexation for Lake County Water Authority (153.79 Acres). The applicant has petitioned the City for annexation of several parcels (153.79 acres) located south of SR 46, the terminus of Robie Ave., and on the West side of Round Lake Road. This passed 7-0
CITY MANAGER'S REPORT - The reclaimed water issue has been resolved. The pump has been repaired and we are back to normal reclaimed water supply levels.
CITY ATTORNEY'S REPORT - Miss Sutphen stated that since the Buildings Heights Charter Amendment Ordinance was passed earlier in the evening the next step is to submit everything to the Supervisor of Elections office to have the Amendment placed on the ballot. Simultaneously we will have the ballot question translated into Spanish. Also, the results of the survey (to share thoughts on the term length, term limits, number of board members, etc.) sent to City Council pertaining to Advisory Committee consistency will be compiled and brought back to the next Council meeting for discussion.
Side notes: Councilmember Crail has scheduled a meeting to update the residents of the Lakes of Mount Dora on June 21st at 3pm. A representative from the Florida Department of Transportation will be there to provide an update.
Please come out for food, fun and celebration of Juneteenth on June 18th from Noon-6pm in Cauley Lott Park.
We adjourned and immediately reconvened as the Community Redevelopment Agency Governing Board for one item.
1. Request Approval of the Commercial Visual Improvement (CVIP) Program Agreement Between the City of Mount Dora Community Redevelopment Agency and Benjamin and Eve Passmore and Jeffery P. and Peggy L. Herbst Related to 405 S. Highland Street. This request for matching $10,000 Visual Improvement Grant was approved 7-0. The owners plan to spend at least $35,000 on exterior improvements to Eden Abbey Brewery.
We adjourned and immediately reconvened as the Northeast Community Redevelopment Agency Governing Board for one item.
1. Request Approval of the Community Event & Program Sponsorship Application for the 2022 Juneteenth Festival Grant Agreement. Council approved with a 7-0 vote to approve a $10,000 grant towards the festivities celebrating Juneteenth.
We adjourned just after 9pm.
FUTURE MEETING DATES
• June 13, 2022, 10:00 AM, Budget Workshop
• June 21, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• June 27, 2022, 10:00 AM, Budget Workshop
• July 5, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
Thank you for keeping up with what’s happening at City Hall. Should you have any questions at all feel free to reach out to me or any members of your City Council.
Mayor, City of Mount Dora