- Economic Development
The mission of the City’s Economic Development Department is to promote and assist in the expansion of existing businesses, new developments, and employment opportunities within the City.
Our mission will be achieved by:
- Maximizing partnerships with local and regional partners to further economic opportunities within the City.
- Advancing infrastructure and utility projects that benefit the community and future growth areas of the City.
- Advance proactive marketing strategies promoting the City as a destination to live, learn, play, work, and do business.
- Develop campaigns for target industry business recruitment for employment and redevelopment areas of the City.
- Ensuring Mount Dora’s environment and quality of life are sustained and enhanced by developing policies and standards to support quality growth.
Strategic Plan Objectives
- The City will seek the best strategies to attract companies and businesses that will strengthen Mount Dora for future intelligent growth.
- Mount Dora will strive to have the County’s top performing economy and be recognized as Lake County’s best place to live, learn, play, work, and do business.
- The City will provide the infrastructure necessary to support Economic Development by upgrading existing facilities to serve our existing business base and expand our facilities to support future business economic opportunities within the Wolf Branch Innovation District.
- The Strategic Plan indicates an increase in population, therefore the City will lay the foundation to keep up with growth by investing in technology and Smart City initiatives and embracing the philosophy of 21st Century Policing.
- While the City lays out the framework for regional economic development, it will promote and implement economic development planning activities and master planning for:
- The Downtown and Northeast Community Redevelopment Agencies (CRAs)
- Wolf Branch Innovation District
- Grandview Street Commercial District
- Other properties and areas as defined
Misty E. Sommer
Economic Development Manager
510 N. Baker Street
Mount Dora, FL 32757
Ph: (352) 735-7110
Fx: (352) 383-4801
Hours of Operation
8:00 am to 5:00 pm - Monday through Friday