Active Calls to Artists
2022 Freedom on the Waterfront Art
SUBMISSION DEADLINE May 10, 2022 at 5 PM
The City of Mount Dora Public Arts Commission, in support of its mission to encourage creativity, education, and appreciation of the arts, is seeking proposals from local artists for artwork to promote the 2022 Freedom on the Waterfront Event taking place Sunday, July 3, 2022. The artist does not need to include event details in their design. Please refer to the following:
• To advertise the 2022 Freedom on the Waterfront event.
• Increased visibility for the City of Mount Dora.
• Increased opportunity for artistic outreach for portrayal of a signature City event.
• Promoting the local economy and building community by attracting visitors, patrons and community members to visit and support local businesses.
DESIGN & THEMES
Iconic imagery of the City of Mount Dora, Independence Day and Fireworks Celebration. We are seeking a design that focuses on the lakefront feel of Mount Dora with the hometown celebration of our Independence Day. The design should be 17 inches x 22 inches.
Artists’ proposals will be evaluated based on:
• Artistic Merit • Community Impact
• Quality and Uniqueness of Design
• Aesthetic appropriate for all ages viewing.
• The design speaks to the attractiveness of Mount Dora and the visual theme of the Freedom on the Waterfront event.
• Meets design specifications.
One first place winner will receive a $200 prize. The selected work will be utilized for print and digital ads referencing Freedom on the Waterfront 2022.
The Public Arts Commission will oversee the peer-reviewed selection process. As in all competitions, the City reserves the right to revise the project parameters as needed, accept a proposal with modifications, or to reject all proposals if no consensus is reached on final selection. The selection panel will review each applicant’s proposal based on the above mentioned “evaluation criteria”.
• This project is open to artists or artist teams who reside in and do their artistic work in Mount Dora or directly surrounding areas.
• Artist must submit a W9 before payment will be rendered.
• Project must incorporate elements of Independence Day Celebrations and imagery representing Mount Dora.
• Artist must be willing to sign the limited edition prints by specified deadline.
• Artist must be willing to relinquish all rights to the image to the City of Mount Dora.
• Up to three design ideas may be submitted.
• Include last name in all file names.
• Submission file must be a jpeg or pdf file.
• Delivery file must be a high quality jpeg or pdf file and/or meet printer’s specifications.
• Do not attempt to add text.
• Artist may sign the piece. However, the signature and date should not be the focal point of the place.
DATES AND SCHEDULE
Contest opens March 23, 2022
Submission deadline: May 10, 2022, 5 p.m.
Artist Selection and Notification: May 26, 2022