City of Mount Dora Parks and Recreation is committed to continual improvement and regularly seeks feedback from the community on its projects and priorities. Through the Parks and Recreation Master Plan, the Department evaluated current Parks, conducted a community-wide survey, and held focus groups in order to create an action plan for an expanded Parks system that responds to changing demographics and enhances quality of life in Mount Dora.
Completed in late 2018, the Master Plan:
- Established the goal of every resident having access to a Park within a 10-minute walk
- Defined minimum standards for pocket, neighborhood, and community Park amenities
- Identified level of service gaps to be filled across the City
In addition, the Master Plan identified the following areas as major priorities:
- Investment in existing Parks
- Programs for all ages and abilities
- Special Events planning
- Marketing and communications
Staff are actively working to improve each of these areas, with several projects slated for the current and next fiscal years and wider strategies planned for the next 5-10 years. Each project is planned and implemented with an ongoing focus on public satisfaction, safety, and quality of life. Please check back on this page for project updates.