Providing Quality Service
The City Clerk’s Office is dedicated to providing an array of quality services to the public. Some of the services include
- Maintenance of official public records as custodian of the records
- Preparation of agendas, related materials, and minutes of City Council meetings
- Publishing and distribution of public notices as required by law
- Supervision and administration of city elections
- Codifying and recording all ordinances and resolutions adopted by the City Council
- Maintaining records retention for city documents as required by law
- Recording legal documents, including contracts, liens, mortgages, promissory notes, and satisfactions in the Public Records of Lake County
- Responding to public records requests
The City of Mount Dora's custodian of public records is City Clerk Gwen Keough-Johns.
Public record requests to inspect or copy public records may be made to the city's custodian of public records, City Clerk Gwen Keough-Johns, at: 510 N. Baker Street, Mount Dora, Florida 32757, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at: (352)735-7126.
Per Florida Statute 119.12, if you wish to assert that you were denied access to inspect or copy a public record, you must provide a written notice to the city's custodian of records, identifying it as a public records request, at least five business days before filing a civil action. The notice period begins on the day the written notice of the request is received by the custodian of public records, excluding Saturday, Sunday, and legal holidays, and runs until 5 business days have elapsed.
The contact information for the agency’s custodian of public records is posted in the agency’s primary administrative building in which public records are routinely created, sent, received, maintained, and requested and on the agency’s website.